Thursday

Malarthi Announces

On the 11th of Phamenoth, Malarthi (eidolon) made an announcement: "I hereby request that no one for any reason kill a "Once a day" creature before 23:45 Ankhet time, without specifically asking for and receiving permission from the community before hand. This includes the Deranged Hermit, the Black Kauket, the Blood Merchant, and any other creatures of this land that may impart a benefit beyond their death to players. This list may expand, and currently Serpopard is iffy, as he may be a once a day kill, I'm not sure." [1]

Malarthi's announcement sparked two discussions on community resources. "On Slaying of Community Resources" by Stormcaller (Shadows) in Scions and "RE: Community Resources" by Mikolaj (The Riven) in Servants. Both topics petered out quickly, with the majority of debate taking place in the second thread.

The following day, Emau (N: Experiment X) responded to Malarthi's announcement with an announcement of his own: "Unless you want to pay me, I am afraid other factors determine when I can be here, and those will determine when I meet certain creatures. As such, I do not have time, nor the will, to poll the community everytime I meet these creatures or enter areas where they may reside. While I understand your concern, I feel the issue is not as simple as you are making it. But thanks for asking." [2]

On the 14th of Phamenoth, Malarthi made another announcement: "Please don't kill the Blood Merchant just yet. I need to get some things from him." [3] Mikolaj Soulrifted Malarthi 26 minutes later only to have Menthu intervene and protect Malarthi from being killed. Mikolaj then Doomed Malarthi to death. He originally explained his actions: "I'm tired of you trying to tell me what to do or not do. I'm also tired of you doing it through Announcements. As such, I have limited your ability to tell me what to do, constraining it to here in the Underworld." [4] Later, in reference to the announcement, he stated: "I object to its tone, I object to its placement, I object to its selfishness, I object to its inherent underlying philosophy."

Approximately thee hours later, Jumsy (N: Light) Bequeathed Malarthi 300 Anima. Mikolaj then Soulrifted Jumsy twice, once before rollover and once after. The latter Soulrift was followed by Mikolaj Sapping 200 of Jumsy's Anima. At 13:33 on the 15th of Phamenoth, Mikolaj Bequeathed 400 Anima to Jumsy, presumably releasing him from the Underworld.

[1]: Announcement #516, "Slaying of Community Resources"
[2]: Announcement #517, "Denied"
[3]: Announcement #522, "Blood Merchant"
[4]: Underworld, "Malarthi" #1
[5]: Underworld, "Malarthi" #66

No comments: